Emergency Veterinarian - Animal Medical Center - Relocation & Sign-On Bonus!
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new career in veterinary medicine? Does emergency veterinary medicine excite you, but so does having a life outside of the veterinary hospital?
Animal Medical Center, located less than 15 miles outside of Richmond, VA is a small animal 24/7 emergency hospital that is AAHA-accredited and also provides quality, affordable care to the pets of Central Virginia.
With a fun-loving and friendly staff, plus a state-of-the-art hospital to support you, you will make a difference daily in the lives of people and their pets. If you want to provide outstanding care, be appreciated as a professional, and you have a lot to offer our veterinary team and our patients, then we have the opportunity for you! Plus our set schedules for emergency shifts allows you to effectively plan for your vacations, family time and your life outside of work.
Animal Medical Center is in search for a full-time associate emergency veterinarian to join our enthusiastic team. New graduates are welcome! In addition to competitive salary and benefits, we are offering relocation bonus and a sign-on bonus for this opportunity.
What do Virginia pet owners say about Animal Medical Center? “I will never forget how kind they were to me and my dog when I came in with a major crisis. I really can't even put it into words. Thank you Animal Medical Center!”
- This is an emergency position which means nights, weekends, and holidays will be incorporated into this schedule. Our emergency veterinarians are on a set, rotating schedule pending time off requests that is designed to extend six months to a year in advance of 14 hour overnight shifts
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery
SVP rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Medical Insurance
• 401(k) retirement savings plan
• Continuing Education allowance
• Professional Liability Coverage