SVP Student Opportunities 2019 (DVM)
Our Student Opportunities (DVM) Program with Southern Veterinary Partners (SVP) gives you beneficial work experience while providing valuable advice, mentorship, and exposure not only to medicine but business operations and management skills.
In this program you will:
- Receive broad clinical experience under the supervision of experienced veterinarians including internal medicine, surgery, emergency care, ophthalmology, neurology, oncology, dermatology, cardiology, dentistry and more.
- Observe and participate in surgical and dental procedures, ultrasound analysis, routine and emergency examinations, medical therapy and direct client communication (potential opportunities based on skill level).
- Interpret fecal samples, blood smears, radiographic images, urinalysis, cbc/chemistry panels and dental images.
- Fine tune your technical skills including injections (IM, SQ, IV), catheterization (IV, urinary), venipuncture, radiographic positioning, and collection of fecal/urine samples.
- Participate in case management, diagnostic interpretation, and therapeutic drug selection.
- To participate in any of SVP's Student Opportunities (DVM), you must be a first- through fourth-year veterinary student enrolled in an accredited doctor of veterinary medicine program.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
By participating in our program, you get exclusive access to incredible career opportunities and more! SVP is able to offer pay and housing options, for most students, depending on hospital location.
***While we do offer housing as an added benefit for students, please note that we are unable to provide accommodations for your pets during your stay.